Anointing the family
July 5, 2018/
God gives the lonely a home; he leads the prisoners to prosperity, but the rebellious dwell in a parched land.
- God placed you in a natural family and a spiritual family
Psalm 133 Oh, how wonderful, how pleasing it is when God’s people all come together and live in unity! It is like the sweet-smelling oil that is poured over the high priest’s head, that runs down his beard flowing over his robes. It is like a gentle rain from Mount Hermon falling on Mount Zion. It is there that the Lord has promised his blessing, and eternal life.
Unity = anointing = blessings and eternal life
Reference of the anointing:
Exodus 30:25-30:“Mix all these things to make a special sweet-smelling anointing oil. Pour this oil on the Meeting Tent and on the Box of the Agreement. This will show that these things have a special purpose. Pour the oil on the table and on all the dishes on the table. And pour this oil on the lamp and on all its tools. Pour the oil on the incense altar. Also, pour the oil on the altar for burning offerings to God. Pour this oil on everything on that altar. Pour this oil on the bowl and on the base under the bowl. You will make all these things holy. They will be very special to the Lord. Anything that touches these things will also become holy. “Pour the oil on Aaron and his sons to show that they are separated from the rest of the people to serve as priests.
God anoints the place and the whole family.
Psalm 23:5-6: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You have anointed and refreshed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, And I shall dwell forever [throughout all my days] in the house and in the presence of the Lord.
The oil represents the Holy Spirit.
In hot climates it’s customary to anoint the body with oil to stop excessive perspiration. The oil is invigorating to the body, it is refreshed and fit for action. Oil clogs the pores in the natural filling the empty spaces to hold in moisture so you are not dehydrated. The Lord anoints us with the Holy Spirit. For service that enables us to continue life by staying in His presence.
We can see that the prosperity is dependent on us living and functioning and being in the family that he has set us in and abiding in Him.
We are the household of faith:
Household means people that live together in one house.
Faith people are those who believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Put that together and we are those held together by faith in God‘s word.
We have established some certainty here with
no unity = no anointing
no anointing = no running the same direction
no prosperity or we could say blessing means no flourishing,
no thriving in relationships, circumstances or financially in the family that God placed you.
A family of believers should be very different from the world family.
Parenting under the anointing is what makes us different.
Parents, you need to know that your children have their own anointing. Their own identity in Christ. Don’t try to force your calling on them.
Let’s look at this scripture in parts….Psalm 92:12-13: The uncompromisingly righteous will flourish…
You don’t compromise where your family or your walk with God and the anointing on your life is concerned and you will flourish
…like the date palm:
this particular palm tree is an important resource to people living in the desert because it provides food and building material, It also signals to people traveling in the desert that there is fresh water available in a particular area.
…they will grow like a cedar in Lebanon
DEEP ROOTS:For every ten feet of height above the ground, the tree roots go down 30 feet under ground. I want my “being rooted and grounded in love” (Ephesians 3:17) to reflect the Cedar.
• Dwelling Place:The tips of the roots are equipped with a substance that allows them to drill through the toughest of rock and continue the deep-rootedness of the tree. I want my life to drill through difficult times so that in the end, I am anchored in a rock foundation. Psalm 104:16 show that the cedars, which God created, serve to provide my life to exist for the sake of other members.
• Family Relationship:The sap of the Cedar serves as a natural repellant to harmful insects and fungi. This internal resistance to decay and infection. God gave the families clear instructions on how to function and to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. Our spiritual “sap”(Ephesians 6:1-17).
• Unity:The limbs of neighboring trees grow right into the foliage of the neighboring tree and sometimes grow together as one. So even if one tree dies, its sustained by merging with the surviving tree., grafted in. Psalm 133:1, “Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity,” refers literally to siblings living together as members of an extended family or community.
How different this picture is than that of the worlds picture of the broken family? There is no competitive game, no quarreling over possessions and power.
• Longevity:Psalm 92:12, 14-15 is my favorite reference to the cedar in Lebanon because it provides encouragement to a man who is getting older but hopefully more righteous. “The righteous man will flourish like the palm tree and will grow like a cedar in Lebanon. They are planted in the house of the Lord; they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still yield fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap and very green, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock and there is not unrighteousness in Him.”
God wants strong families rooted in Him.
Our ability to stand comes from Him,
His love never fails, it never ends.
He has already showed us how to love by His example.
He wants us planted in the house of the Lord growing, where we can bear fruit (our children).
We will increase /our prosperity /love
We make memories for our family by making a memorial to God.
A reminder of what God has done because He is faithful.
I close with this ….
Parents pray and anoint yourselves and anoint your children. Pray in the holy Spirit and teach your children.
The anointing is what makes us different. Spirit of the Lord is upon me he has anointed me.
Only the anointing can destroy the yoke.
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me (the Messiah), Because He has anointed Me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent Me to announce release (pardon, forgiveness) to the captives, And recovery of sight to the blind, To set free those who are oppressed (downtrodden, bruised, crushed by tragedy), to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord [the day when salvation and the favor of God abound greatly].”
Would You Like To Sow Into This Ministry?
You can give online quickly and easily by clicking the "Give Now" button.