The Problem with Pride
At the heart of Pride Month and Pride celebrations throughout the year is pride. Pride comes from a rebellious heart that rejects the benevolent authority of the Creator. A proud person ultimately claims to know better than God and his Word and believes that inventing our own rules and celebrating our own choices, achievements, and desires is greater than what God has commanded in his Word. It’s a movement that puts the focus squarely on us rather than on God.(Ken Ham) – https://answersingenesis.org/sin/is-pride-worth-celebrating/
If we’re going to call ourselves Christians, it’s important that we align our beliefs with God’s. Otherwise we’re not really what we claim to be. Just so we’re clear, Pride is not something that should “ EVER” be celebrated! It’s what got satan kicked out of Heaven (Isaiah 14:13). Its what separated Adam & Eve from God, and it’s what got Sodom & Gomorra destroyed (Ezekiel 49:50). God actually opposes the proud (James 6)! Don’t be mad at me , this Bible. Not my opinion.
I know we like to think that we should be proud of our kids, proud of our accomplishments, and proud of who we are. The world and culture has taught us this. Is “seems” harmless. It’s “seems” good. But When God the Father spoke to the disciples concerning Jesus, He didn’t say, This is my beloved Son, I’m so proud of Him!” NO! He said, This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased!” We should be pleased with our kids, our accomplishments, and who we are, but never proud!!! I’m not just critiquing words, look at the scriptures below for yourselves. Just be humble enough to accept them!
What does God say about pride. The Bible is the Truth we live by.
- Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18)
- But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)
- Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; Be assured, he will not go unpunished. (Proverbs 16:5)
- The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate. (Proverbs 8:13)
- The haughty looks of man shall be brought low, and the lofty pride of men shall be humbled, and the Lord alone will be exalted in that day. (Isaiah 2:11)
Instead of being proud, we are called to humble ourselves. Humility has to do with submission and we don’t like that word! It implies giving control to another. It involves letting go of control of ourselves and following someone else’s lead. God our Creator wants us to follow His lead! We think we know best but we don’t, HE DOES!!!
We should be grateful that our Creator is not a tyrant but a loving God! We should take Joy in the fact that He has our best interest at heart and would never steer us wrong!
If fact, He sent His most prized possession, His only Son to save us from our pride and sin! And we should trust that since He has created us He will help us to do the right things and be the right kind of people, if we do things “His way!” But it will require us to humble ourselves unto Him! Don’t take my word for it, look at what God has to say about it.
SCRIPTURES ON HUMILITY
- He has told you, O man, what is good;And what does the Lord require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)
- Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.(James 4:10)
- You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud. (1 Peter 5:5)
- He leads the humble in justice, And He teaches the humble His way. (Psalm 25:9)
- Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, But humility goes before honor. (Proverbs 18:12)
Don’t buy the lie! You “CAN” do life on your own, you weren’t created to! God has created you for a purpose and that purpose is to know Him and make Him known (Psalms 100 2-4)! Your greatest joy will come from serving Him! Your gifts and desires will be fully expressed in serving Him! Your life will have complete purpose in serving Him, and he will use you for His Glory, “IF, IF, IF,” you resist pride and humble yourselves before Him!
Would You Like To Sow Into This Ministry?
You can give online quickly and easily by clicking the "Give Now" button.