Unbelief is more than disrespectful…
11The LORD said to Moses, “How long will these people treat me disrespectfully and reject Me? And how long will they not believe in Me, despite all the [miraculous] signs which I have performed among them? 12I will strike them with the pestilence (plague) and dispossess them, and will make you into a nation greater and mightier than they.”
- Unbelief is no laughing matter to God, because unbelief in what He said is unbelief in Him!!!
18‘The LORD is slow to anger, and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving wickedness and transgression; but He will by no means clear the guilty, visiting (avenging) the wickedness and guilt of the fathers on the children, to the third and fourth generations [that is, calling the children to account for the sins of their fathers].’
- Look at the Character traits of God! He is,
- Slow to anger
- Abundant in Loving Kindness
- Forgives wickedness & transgression
- But, takes sin very seriously, and I’ll not turn a blind eye to it! SIN MUST BE PAID FOR!!!
- Poole (on Exodus 20:5) – https://biblehub.com/exodus/20-5.htm
- This is to be understood with an exception of repentance, and penitent children, as appears from Eze 18 And if any such be temporally punished for their fathers’ sins, God will abundantly recompense it to them some other way. But if children tread in their fathers’ sinful steps, it is but just that they should partake of their plagues.
- BUT JESUS has made a way for sin to be paid by dying in our place ON THE CROSS!!! All we must do now is acknowledge our sin, trust In Him as our payment, and repent (turn from our sin)!!! We need to see how big this really is!!!
22Surely all the men who have seen My glory and My [miraculous] signs which I performed in Egypt and in the wilderness, yet have put Me to the test these ten times and have not listened to My voice, 23will by no means see the land which I swore to [give to] their fathers; nor will any who treated me disrespectfully and rejected Me see it.
- God can’t show us or take us where He’s wanting to if we don’t listen to Him, disrespect Him, or reject Him! We won’t even “SEE” what He’s wanting to show us!!!
24But My servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land into which he entered, and his descendants shall take possession of it.
- BUT, the opposite is true!!! If we WILL listen to Him, Respect Him & His Word, and Accept Him, Will WILL see what He’s wanting to show us and experience where He’s trying to take us!!!
- Caleb had a different spirit (attitude) about him! It was The SPIRIT OF FAITH!!!
Would You Like To Sow Into This Ministry?
You can give online quickly and easily by clicking the "Give Now" button.